February 21, 2012

Mama's Gonna try - Skateboard #1

It is here - It is here!
Let me tell you unwrapping my first ever skateboard was SO exciting.
The weather however was not on my side, we've had storms, winds, hail but then the clouds parted for just enough time for me to try out my new skateboard. (I love saying that.)

Once I unwrapped it the nerves settled in.  Excuses in my head started to roll: 
Do I have the right clothing? Well of course I don't.. I wear skirts, open toe shoes or boots...Maybe I should get a professional to show me?  This is really dangerous do I really want to do this?
Why is that voice there? Seriously... So I turned the volume down put my gym gear on .. but I am going to have to get some cool gear to wear haha 

The video will show you how I have truly never been on a board before.  So this will be a slow process but already after a few goes I feel so much more confident.
It has also injected a sense of achievement already... What a great feeling to follow through on something I have always thought about.  My boys are so excited about mummy's skateboard - you will hear my 4yr old encouraging me on the footage.  


Not only is this great for my journey to 'trying new things' but it has changed our family dynamics too.. My husband is now wanting to try something new and the kids will learn that trying and giving it your best is the better option than to NOT try anything at all.
FH

10 comments:

  1. Love it Fi, you are an inspiration to me and all the girls. Thank you for sharing! Go Girl!!!
    Want to try surfing next???

    Linzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes surfing is definitely on the list.. You're on!

      Delete
  2. You are the best! "C'mon Mum you can do it"!

    When you guys win the holiday in Munich we are going to the Alps and skiing the black runs.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leanne Mamma sure will try! But slow steps towards the black runs... what colour is before black? Is there a pink? that sounds a lot more calmer than BLACK!

    FH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Fiona! Can't wait to see you 'master' this thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lauren - A bit hard in this Sunshine Coast weather atm..RAIN RAIN
    I'm hoping for a dramatic change in weather over the next 24hrs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bec - hopefully once I can actually skate I will be awesome and not an embarrassment to my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona, this is fantastic, it surely lightened up my night, a good ol laugh. Great to see you giving it a go, truly inspirational. Top work Fiona.

    PS What program did you use to edit the vid. I really liked the fast forward feature?

    Cheers
    Mandy (Tyler & Kiani's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mandy glad to be of service.
    It's a hoot and the boys are loving it!
    I'm getting better did you check the latest post? Balance is getting there and most importantly my confidence...over the years at 30 something that little birdie on your shoulder tells you it will be harder , you'll fall etc..I've learnt to turn the volume down on that especially while skating ha.
    Swing by and have a go if you want!

    Windows media player, was already on computer. Basic compared to some.

    ReplyDelete