March 02, 2012

Look what happens when you try ...


Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.
Louis E. Boone

When I originally decided that 2012 was the beginning of Trying new things my vision wasn’t just about skateboarding, surfing, trapeze or learning another language it was about creating a momentum in my life.
I could see a pattern where I was picking and choosing things to what the little birdie on the shoulder was saying or what societies expectations were of perhaps a mother of 2 in her mid 30’s should be. Why was I doing this?
I believe the light globe is always on but it only flashes every now and then – sometimes we catch it other times we ignore it.
I really and truly want to help people catch it! Catch that moment where you are not fearful of failure.
Learning and trying new things is not necessarily about boring hohum drag. We are adults who have choices about how we learn, communicate and DO things.
Learning and trying is an enjoyable process that people should begin to embrace and be applauded for.
Unfortunately in our lives we will have the ‘neggers’ who question some of these crazy things you may want to try and they are there for a reason too.
They question it and you DEFEND it and use that as another form of motivation & inspiration rather than a reason to STOP.
Does this make sense?
In other words TRY IT, it’s not about being the best at everything - it’s about giving it a TRY.
I’m not sure how well I will skateboard but I have tried which is leading to a momentum of TRY NEW THINGS within my personal life and work life and that’s GOT TO BE GOOD! Right?
The video below is a great example of TRYING new things.. like Susan Boyle or not she tried and WOW the rest speaks for itself!
Enjoy.
FH

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that reminder.... I've just finished watching that clip again after not seeing it far ages... tears rolling down my cheeks. xxxxx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Suzanne, I hope they were tears of joy! xx FH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every thing you have said is so true,you are an inspiration.xx

    ReplyDelete